The Liebster Award seems to float around every year around this time, and once again I’ve been nominated for this award by my fellow blogger Vinnie of the eponymously named blog vinneh (vinneh.wordpress.com). Please check out his blog as well.
This is now the fourth year in a row I’ve received this distinction, and it always gives me a warm fuzzy feeling that other bloggers are enjoying my writing enough to show some love towards it.
Now to answer Vinnie’s questions, some random facts about me, and set out a few nominations of my own.
- Do you prefer a shower or a bath? Always love to read while soaking in a nice bath, but generally go for a quick shower instead, especially if I’m rushing to work in the morning.
- Have you ever met a famous actor or actress? Yes – many years ago I worked in a coffee shop in Kingston, ON, Canada and served Dan Ackroyd and his wife. They were somewhat regular customers and my co-workers had always said they were rude.. but was the opposite for me. I think they used to hound them for autographs, where I just served them without any fuss.. and I got a nice big tip for it too.
- Do you consider yourself a talented dancer? If only! I can keep a beat and have been told I dance well for a guy my size, but tend to get self-conscious.
- Have you ever skinny dipped before? Many times.. most recently while in Gran Canaria on holidays. I spent each day on the nude beach and swam in the sea several times a day. Was a glorious feeling.
- What is your birthstone? The moonstone, but have read June also counts pearl and alexandrite among it’s stones.
- What movie, no matter how many times you watch it, makes you cry? Probably ‘Steel Magnolias’. It’s a beautiful film full of amazing actresses.
- Who is your favourite author? It’s a toss up between Stephen King and Anne Rice. I’d love to have a writing career even half as popular as either of them.
- Are you a person who sleeps for a long time or rises early? It’s changed over the years.. used to be able to sleep for ages, but nowadays I find I’m rising early when I don’t need to. Which sucks cause I love nothing better than a long lie in on the weekends.
- What is your favourite holiday? Pretty much anything that gives me a day off work. LOL Have always been partial to New Year’s Eve, but think I tend to put too much pressure on having a good time to set the tone for the following year.
- Are you a horror movie fan? Oh yes, though I don’t watch as many as I used to when I was younger.
- And finally, describe what you think of my blog with five adjectives. Witty. Intriguing. Informative. Entertaining. Fun.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I have dual citizenship – Canadian and British.
- My first time flying in an airplane was when I moved from Canada to London.
- I have an honours diploma in Computerised Bookkeeping.
- I worked in an accounting office during tax season after graduation and hated it.
- I lived in Montreal for 8 years and I still only speak basic French.
- I regularly get mistaken for someone of Mediterranean decent – Italian, Spanish, etc – due to my dark complexion.
- I eat way too much pasta.
- I’ve been a smoker for over 20 years.
- I won a Gold and Silver medal in Bowling at the 2009 World OutGames in Copenhagen.
- I’m a comic-book geek, though haven’t read them in years. Love the movies, TV shows, and some of the games on the iPad. Make mine Marvel 🙂
- One of these days I’ll finally finish my novel.. or my series of erotic short stories.. or my ebook compilation of self-help articles I’ve posted on here. One of them at least.
Now here are my nominees and my 11 questions for them. All I ask if they continue to pay this honour forward towards other bloggers they enjoy reading. It’s a great way to support each other.
And here are my questions for my fellow bloggers. And the above list is in now way exhaustive.. there are tons of amazing blogs out there. Please support them anyway you can.
- If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?
- What’s your favourite holiday destination?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
- Newspapers or online magazines?
- What’s the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten?
- What’s your most embarrassing moment?
- What’s the most public display of affection you’ve ever done? (And I don’t just mean kissing LOL)
- Are you the little spoon or big spoon when cuddling?
- What is the one thing on your bucket list you absolutely must do before you die?
- Describe my blog in five adjectives.
Well.. there it is folks. Please do check out my nominee’s blogs, as well as the blog of my nominator Vinneh.
Keep reading and checking in and supporting your favourite blogs. Your continual viewings is what keeps most of us going after all this time.