It’s definitely that time of year again in the blogging world, when the not-so-elusive ‘Liebster Award’ nominations are spread around the blog-o-sphere.
Or at least it always seems to be around this time of year. Last year was early February when I posted about my nomination for it, and April the year before. This is the third year I’ve been nominated, though some years I have gotten multiple nominations.
This year the nomination came from Vinnieh over at his self-named blog, and I’m super grateful for it. The whole point is to give recognition to those bloggers you enjoy reading and do a bit of cross-promotion at the same time.
Now on to answer the questions Vinnieh has set upon me:
Do you prefer watching films in the cinema or at home?
- It depends really.. I used to go to the cinema a lot, but then couldn’t afford it anymore. With the advent of Netflix and such, I tend to spend much more time at home watching movies.
Do you have any tattoos?
- Not as yet.. I’ve always wanted one, but could never settle on a design. I’ve had something in mind for a year or so now, just trying to get up the courage (and funding) to make it a reality.
What is your favourite sport?
- Not really much of a sports fan, though do enjoy going bowling. That counts right?
Who is your man crush or woman crush?
- Well I’ve already discussed my current man-crush on a recent posting.. go read it. 😉
How good are you at keeping secrets?
- I’d like to think I’m pretty good at it. Why.. is there something you’re dying to tell me??
What movie do you love that everyone else seems to hate?
- ‘Hackers’ starring the young Angelina Jolie and Johnny Lee Miller. Most say it’s cheesy or lame how they make hacking seem cool, but I love the feel of it, and the soundtrack is outstanding.
What do you enjoy the most about blogging?
- So many different things… The thrill of getting my written word out there for the world to see. The satisfaction when people enjoy what I’ve written. Being able to interact and start a dialogue about certain topics, even if it is my own love life. LOL
What is your star sign?
- I’m a Cancer, and tend to embody most of the main characteristics.
How many languages can you speak?
- One and a bit.. English (obviously), and a little bit of French – I grew up in Canada, so we had to take French in school, and then I lived in Montreal for many years.
What is your most valuable belonging?
- It may seem superficial, but I’d have to say my Kindle. I don’t generally go anywhere without it, as I’ve always got a book on the go. It helps me engage my imagination while exploring other fantastical worlds.
Describe yourself in five words.
- Introvert, Loving, Confused, Naive, Loner.
Phew.. now onto my nominations, listed in no particular order:
- Confessions Of A Wallflower
- COCKTAILS & COCKTALK
- Things I Like… And Then Run
- Peter Monn
- A Life In London*
- The Guyliner
- Flights, Tights, And Movie Nights
- A Guy Without Boxers
Definitely not an exhaustive list in any way at all, but can’t nominate everyone I suppose.
And here are my questions for my nominees…
- What’s your writing ritual?
- What guilty pleasure can you not go without?
- Have you ever had anything pierced other than your ears, and what was it?
- What’s your favourite place in the world?
- Have you ever lived in a different country from where you were born/raised?
- What’s the worst holiday you’ve ever been on?
- Boxers or Briefs? Or ‘au naturel’?
- Apple or Android?
- Have you ever been to a nude beach?
- What’s the one regret you have in life?
- Describe yourself in five words.
And that’s the lot of it! Check out all of the nominated blogs, and happy Liebster Award season. 😉