I’ve never been one for making resolutions at New Year’s, as they are usually unrealistic and generically unattainable. You know, things like massive life changes that we’d all like to do, and try our best to maintain for about a week or so into January.
Sure, there’s always things in our lives that we’d love to change and work on. Instead of setting the bar up so high, why not setting some more realistic ‘plans’ for the new year, as this could potentially allow you to organise things in more manageable pieces. Perhaps give yourself several smaller milestones to achieve in order to eventually get to that big life change you actually want.
Or maybe I’m just talking a load of bollocks. LOL No matter how you look at it, it’s still a resolution.
Instead I thought I’d set myself a few goals for 2014 and do my best to actually achieve most (if not all) of them.
I’d rather set myself some goals that only I can affect (yes, I know.. only I can affect some weight loss, but not including it here, per se) and would require some work on my part.
So here are my ‘goals’ for 2014:
- Write more – on this blog, as well as write some more fiction (seriously need to find the saved copy of that novel I wrote several years back..).
- Study more – I started an online course last year in Project Management.. I really need to finish that, regardless if I end up working in that field.
- Earn more – this means either getting a promotion at work (don’t think it’s going to happen..) or starting the job search again. I’m kinda getting by on the salary I’m on at the moment, but there’s no leeway to save anything.
- Eat healthier – this isn’t about losing weight per se, it’s more about feeling better about my body through healthier food.
- Get out more – this isn’t that easy, especially with the monetary restrictions I have on my current salary. I’m always complaining about how alone I am, so I need to do something to change that.
- Worry and stress less – not sure how tangible or measurable this could be, or if it’s just a matter of changing my mind frame.
- Travel more – I didn’t get away on holiday all year due to finances and not working for most of it. All I’ve wanted to do all year (especially in the last couple months) is to spend a week relaxing on a warm, sunny beach somewhere. But again, that costs money I don’t have to spend at the moment.
I think, for the most part, those are fairly achievable goals for the year. I just need to set myself a plan to achieve them and do my best to actually reach them.
So.. what sort of goals or resolutions have you all made for yourself? What do you do to keep yourself on track?