Thank you both so much for this. Please do take a moment to check out their sites as well.
Looking into it, the Liebster Award seems to be a viral blogging ‘award’ started back in 2010 or so as a way to highlight fellow bloggers the nominator feels should get a bit more notice. There’s no actual award or anything, but more the knowledge that someone connected enough with what you’ve written to give you some extra notice.
So.. here are the rules:
- Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen (this varies from 5 to 11 depending on who’s blog you read).
- Display the Liebster Award logo.
- No tag back.
Facts About Me
- I’m a little bit geeky.. oh ok, maybe more than a little.
- I love a good musical.. and sometimes the cheesy ones too.
- I can play Sudoku for hours without getting too bored.
- I’m on Facebook way too much.
- I’m addicted to my Kindle.
- My prized possession (after my iPhone and laptop.. and Kindle) is a wizard pewter figurine I was given by my sister and brother-in-law for being an usher at their wedding.
- I’ve had the same iPod for about 7 or 8 years now.. we’re talking like original 1st or 2nd Generation iPod, and it still works amazingly.
- The only sport I truly enjoy is Bowling.. probably because it’s socially acceptable to drink while doing it.
- I won a Gold and Silver medal in Bowling at the 2009 World OutGames in Copenhagen. I first started Bowling at age 9.
- My favorite take-away is curry and chips.
- I’m a huge Janet Jackson fan.. and finally saw her perform live in London back in 2011.
Answers to the questions from my nominator
Since there were two different nominations I tossed a coin to see who’s questions I’d answer..
- If you could be anybody you want,who would it be and why? A famous author like Steven King or Anne Rice, as I think they have fantastic imaginations and I can only dream of their success.
- Why do you blog? It’s an outlet for me.. years ago I used to keep a journal as a way to better work through many conflicting emotions or events going on in my life, and it was a bit like therapy for me. Blogging has evolved from that over the years for me to what it is today.. and it’s continue to evolve as I move forward.
- Do you do something while you blog?(watching T.V,ect). Sometimes I listen to music, but not always. Does wearing my glasses count?
- Which sports do you like?And why? Bowling as mentioned above. Though I do like checking out the sexy guys in their Rugby shorts (though never watched any actual matches myself lol).
- What was the worst moment of your life?(you don’t have to answer it if you don’t want to) Think I’ll have to come back to this one…
- What computer do you use? why? I have a Samsung laptop that I bought last summer.. it’s a killer machine, though I still miss my ancient iMac sometimes (it died a couple months ago).
- Why did you chose WordPress? A former colleague told me about it and suggested it as a platform I could use for my writing. I’d taken a look at a couple other sites, but WordPress just seemed to fit for me.
- Who is your blogging idol? I’d have to say Dan at Single Dad Laughing .. it’s one of my favorite blogs, and the success he’s had with it is amazing.
- What do you think about all those stupid updates on Facebook? It’s Facebook, it’s always changing and evolving. I actually thinks it’s funny how people complain and try to get them to change things back before the update.. but then a couple months later, they’re used to it and don’t remember why they were complaining to begin with.
- What thing/person has annoyed you the most? Oh man, where do I start!! I’d have to say people who don’t consider others around them before doing things like playing music or having a party.. especially those people they live with.
- If you and your friend were about to die, would you die together or separately? How morbid is that? LOL Together as long as we were pissed and having a few laughs.
People who I’ve nominated
- The Worlds top 10 of Anything and Everything!!!
- The Pink Agendist
- Gays of South London
- It’s a Blog About Nothing
- Movie 140
- The Main Damie
- Coffee and Porn in the Morning (yeah I know that’s 12, but couldn’t decide between a couple of them lol)
- If you could be anybody you wanted, who would it be and why?
- What do you enjoy most about blogging, and how does it make you feel?
- What’s your writing ritual, if you have one?
- What is your favorite thing in the world to watch on TV/live?
- What was the best moment of your life?
- Which is your favorite picnic/relaxing/refreshing spot?
- What blogging platform do you use? Did you try any other platforms before deciding on this one?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- What is the one thing on your bucket list you absolutely must do before you die?
- What thing/person has annoyed you the most?
- What is your prized possession? What makes it so special?
Right.. so that’s that. A bit more long-winded than I thought it would be, but definitely worth it. Thanks again to Ivan and Will for the nominations.
Happy Blogging 😀